There are a few different options when it comes to getting a new car for yourself. Whether you want to branch out and get yourself something a little spontaneous, or you just want to stick with what you know, you’re able to do so and drive away with the perfect car with car leasing. If you’re worrying about having bad credit, we do offer bad credit car leasing as well as no deposit car leasing so there’s no need to worry!
- No Deposit: Car leasing is also available even if you’re not able to put down a deposit. Zero deposit deals are available and still aim to get you the car you want for a good price.
- Lease: Having bad credit doesn’t stop you from being able to lease the car you desire; it can be slightly more difficult but is still possible. From this, you could also get an accommodation deal which is where the finance is in a close family member’s name, but the payments are taken out of your own account.
- Personal Contract Hire (PCP) – This leasing option includes letting you choose the ideal car you want, either for personal or business use, and making monthly fixed payments. At the end of the deal, you’re able to own the vehicle and a maintenance contract is often optional.
- Personal Hire Contract (PHC) – This is the most popular option when it comes to leasing and includes a fixed term in which you drive the car, but you’re not classed as the ‘owner’. Once the period is up, you’re able to return the car quickly and easily. This is the best choice if you’re after something a little more high-end but can’t afford to buy it straight up.
- Hire Purchase – This is similar to PHC but once the final payment has been paid, the car then becomes yours.
Pros of leasing
- Fixed monthly costs which helps to make everything more organised with a low deposit.
- You’re able to get a new/nearly new car for a great price monthly, and then eventually change to another car of your choice.
- There’s no need to worry about depreciation as you hand the car straight back into the dealer.
- Lower repair costs are available with cars which are leased, and servicing is often included.
- There are no complications or hassle when it comes to trading in the car at the end of the deal, unlike when you buy a car and you don’t want it anymore.
- The biggest advantage of leasing is definitely the flexibility. For example, you’re able to choose the type of leasing option that suits you no matter your credit score.
Cons of leasing
- The set mileage is 10,000 – 15,000 miles, which may be a struggle for those who travel frequently. So if you think you’ll travel more miles than this, make sure you plan for it before you choose your lease, as it will cost you if you go over.
- When leasing a car, you’ve got to be careful when it comes to keep it in good condition. The car should be brought back in the best possible standard, or else you might get fined for wear and tear.
- If you’re not happy with your car, it does cost you extra to terminate the deal. This isn’t ideal so it’s best to make sure you’ve chosen the car you want carefully.