The Title in any goods or services does not pass to the customer until all monies are received in full and all cheques cleared.
Service & Repair: Please refer to conditions below.
Parts Sales: Please refer to conditions below. Notwithstanding the provisions of clauses 30 through 34 (inclusive) below, bespoke goods (i.e.
unique to the customer or the vehicle) cannot be returned for credit or refund.
1. These terms and conditions, together with the details on the Order Form or Job Card, are intended to contain all the terms of the agreement (“the Agreement”) between us (the Company/We) and you (the Customer/You) relating to the repair, servicing or other works (“the Work”) to the vehicle identified on the Job Card (“the Vehicle”) and/or to the supply of goods, parts or other things to be supplied by the Company, whether or not in conjunction with the Work (“the Goods”). If you wish to rely on any amendment or addition, you should ensure it is confirmed in writing by one of our duly authorised representatives.
2. If we agree any variation in the Work to be done or Goods to be supplied, this shall be deemed to be an amendment to the Agreement rather than a new agreement.
3. You warrant that you own the Vehicle or are duly authorised by the owner to enter into the Agreement for the Work to be done on it on these terms. Further, you expressly authorise Hippo Vehicle Solutions Limited and its servants or agents to use the Vehicle on the highway and elsewhere for all purposes in connection with the Agreement.
4. When instructions are given by insurers to repair a Customer’s Vehicle, they shall be deemed to be the Customer’s agent for the purpose of giving such instructions and the Customer remains liable for such repairs undertaken by the Company
5. We reserve the right to refuse to carry out any Work on any Vehicle which we consider, in our sole opinion, to be unsafe and/or unroadworthy. Further, we may refuse to carry out any Work which may, in our sole opinion, render the Vehicle unsafe and/or unroadworthy.
6. Where we are undertaking Work and identify, in our sole opinion, a need for further essential safety related repair, you will be advised accordingly. Should you decline to authorise such further repair, you will be required to sign the requisite documentation. Should you decline to sign such said requisite documentation, then you will be obliged to arrange transportation of the Vehicle from our premises.
7. Should the Vehicle incorporate a recording device, for example a dashboard camera, interior camera or onboard camera, you undertake to disconnect the same prior to the Work commencing; alternatively, you grant your permission for us to disconnect any such recording device. This is a condition of the Agreement between you and us and is pursuant to our obligations under Data Protection and privacy provisions.
8. An estimate is our considered approximation of the likely cost of the Work and/or Goods and is valid for 14 days from when we provide it to you.
9. Any estimate is based on the published price for the Goods involved at the time of the estimate. If the manufacturer or other supplier of the Goods changes the published price after the date of the estimate, we will notify you of any consequent increase in the estimate. If the increase will be more than ten per cent (10%) of the total estimate, you may give notice within 14 days cancelling the Agreement. If we do not receive notice of cancellation within this period, the estimate will be amended as proposed.
10. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, if it appears during progress of the Work that the estimate will be exceeded by more than ten per cent (10%) of the total, we will notify you and will not continue with the Work unless you expressly authorise us to do so.
11. If you have left the Vehicle with us for an estimate but have not accepted the estimate, or have declined it but failed to collect the Vehicle, within 14 days of the date of the estimate or (if later) the date of cancellation, we may charge you for the storage of the Vehicle from the end of that period.
12. All estimates are exclusive of any applicable Value Added Tax (VAT).
COMPLETION OF WORK AND PAYMENT
13. Work apparently covered by the Manufacturer’s Warranty may be carried out without charge, pending acceptance by the manufacturer. In the event of non-acceptance by the manufacturer the charge will be rendered later and will be immediately payable by the Customer. If at the time of the work there is any doubt about entitlement under warranty, the work will be charged to the Customer pending the outcome of the approach the Company will make to the manufacturer. Any overcharge will then be refunded.
14. We will use our best efforts to complete the Work or supply the Goods within any time estimate we have given you but will not be liable for delays due to any cause outside our control.
15. We shall be entitled to sub-contract all or any part of the Work but will be responsible for the quality of the sub-contractor’s work.
16. If for any reason we do not carry out the Work in full, we will charge you only for Goods actually supplied or fitted and a reasonable amount for any Work actually done.
17. We will notify you when the Work is complete and the Vehicle and/or the Goods are ready for collection and (unless you have a credit facility with us, in which case you must comply with the terms agreed in relation to such credit facility) you must pay for the Work and/or Goods upon collection.
18. All payments must be made in cash or by a UK credit/debit card.
19. We are entitled to retain the Vehicle and/or Goods until you have paid for the Work and/or Goods in full.
20. If you fail to pay the full amount due or fail to collect the Vehicle and/or Goods:
1.1.1. within 7 days of being notified that the Work is complete and/or that the Goods are ready for collection, we may charge you for the storage of the Vehicle and/or the Goods from the end of that period.
1.1.2. within 3 months of being notified that the Work is complete and/or that the Goods are ready for collection, we may (after giving you the requisite notice of our intention to do so if you have not paid the full amount due and collected the Vehicle and/or Goods before such notice expires) sell the Vehicle and/or the Goods, deduct the amount owing to us (including statutory interest, storage charges and the costs of sale) and pay the balance to the entitled beneficiary.
21. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Goods will be deemed to have been delivered to you at our premises when you collect them.
22. We will retain all parts replaced during any Work done, except for any to be returned under warranty or service exchange arrangements, until the Vehicle is collected, and will be free to dispose of them as we see fit unless you specifically ask that they be returned to you when collecting the Vehicle.
TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP AND RISK
23. The Goods will continue to belong to us until you have paid for them in full. However, you will be responsible for any loss or damage from
when they are delivered to you, and should insure accordingly.
LOSS, DAMAGE AND LIABILITY
24. We will carry out the Work with reasonable care and skill and warrant it will remain free of defects in workmanship for a period of 6 months or 7,500 miles, whichever occurs sooner, from the date the Work is completed. However, such warranty will not apply if the Vehicle is involved in an incident or if and to the extent that a defect is caused or worsened by your (a) failing to inform us promptly of the defect and allowing us promptly to examine the Vehicle and endeavour to remedy the defect (b) misusing or neglecting the Vehicle or using it or permitting it to be used for racing, rallying or similar sports (c) failing to comply with instructions from the manufacturer or from us concerning the treatment, maintenance and care of the Vehicle and/or Goods or to have it/them serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions (d) fitting the Vehicle, or permitting it to be fitted, with parts or accessories which have not been approved by the manufacturer (whether expressly or implicitly), or (e) altering the Vehicle and/or Goods, or permitting it/them to be altered, in any manner which has not been approved by the manufacturer.
25. We will supply the Goods with the benefit of the manufacturer’s warranty. The manufacturer’s warranty is additional to your statutory rights and is not effected by any change of ownership of the Goods. Remedial work under the manufacturer’s warranty may be carried out by any dealer or service workshop in the European Economic Area authorised directly or indirectly by the manufacturer, who may repair or replace any defective Goods or (if he considers repair or replacement uneconomic) refund an appropriate part of the price you paid for them.
26. If the Work includes painting then, if the metal to be painted is rusted, we will take all reasonable precautions to prevent rust penetrating the paint after completion of the Work but cannot guarantee that this will not happen or that the new paintwork will match existing paintwork exactly.
27. You must observe the instructions for use, cautionary notices and other technical information and data supplied with any Goods.
28. Subject to the provisions of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and always excepting fraud, death or personal injury resulting from our own negligence, we limit our liability for any breach of the Agreement to the amount you have paid for the Work and/or Goods, and expressly exclude all liability for loss of profit, goodwill or contracts and for any indirect, consequential or economic loss.
29. You undertake to remove any items of value not related to the Vehicle as we will not accept any liability for loss or damage to such items which is not attributable to our own negligence.
RETURNED GOODS, DISTANCE SELLING AND OFF-PREMISES CONTRACTS
30. Where the parties have contracted in person on our business premises, we may (at our sole discretion) accept the return of any Goods which you did not specifically order, provided that you return them in the same condition as when supplied. Any such returns must be effected within 14 days of delivery, you must produce our original invoice and pay (at the rate current on the date of return) our handling charges for returned Goods.
31. If you are a consumer and this Agreement has been concluded (a) without any face to face contact between us or anyone acting on our respective behalves, or (b) in the simultaneous physical presence of you and us but in a place which is not the business premises of us, you may give notice cancelling this Agreement within 14 days of taking delivery of the Goods. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us in writing of your decision to cancel the Agreement (e.g. letter sent by post, fax or e-mail).
32. If you cancel the Agreement pursuant to clause 30, we will reimburse all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is a result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after we receive back from you the Goods supplied or (if earlier) 14 days after you provide evidence that you have returned the Goods. We will make the reimbursement using the same method of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless we have expressly agreed otherwise.
33. You shall return the Goods without undue delay and in any event no later than 14 days after you communicate the cancellation of the Agreement to us. You will be responsible for the direct cost of returning the Goods but, in any event, such cost shall not exceed the sum of £500.00 (Five Hundred Pounds). You shall be responsible for any diminished value of the Goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods.
34. Save as above, we will not accept the return of any Goods which are not defective.
35. Unless otherwise stated in the Agreement, any notice to be given under the Agreement must be in writing and sent by post to the address of the person to whom it is addressed, and shall be deemed to have been received in due course of post.
JURISDICTION AND ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
36. The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England. We subscribe to the Motor Industry Code of Practice and will always attempt to resolve any disputes quickly and efficiently. However, if you are a consumer and remain dissatisfied with the outcome and explanation we have provided, we recommend you contact Motor Codes. Motor Codes is a member of the Chartered Trading Standards Institute approved consumer codes scheme and is a provider of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), offering conciliation and arbitration. You can contact them via www.motorcodes.co.uk or on their advice line 0800 692 0825. Their decision will be legally binding on both us and you, as the consumer
37. GDPR legislation requires us to have a Data Privacy Notice (see Notice on our website or in one of our dealerships) which informs you how we process your data while in our possession. If at any time you wish to opt out of any communication from us or wish for your personal details to be amended or deleted from our records, please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.